MBBS, M.S, FACS(USA),FIAGES(Hon.),FMAS, FAIS,FICS, FALS(Hon.), FMBS
33+ Years of Experience
He is the Head of the Department of Obesity and Bariatric Surgery at a famous hospital in New Delhi, where he runs a committed and effective programme. Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy, Adjustable Gastric Banding (LAGB), and Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass are among the procedures performed on a regular basis at the centre. The results are comparable to those of the world’s leading bariatric centres.
Dr. Wadhawan is frequently asked to chair sessions and has presented more than 50 papers on laparoscopic gastroenterology, advanced laparoscopic procedures, and bariatric surgery at national and international conferences, enhancing his experience and impact in the laparoscopic community.
He is a member of the acclaimed Johnson and Johnson Ethicon Endosurgery Institute for Endohernia, MIPH; Laparoscopic Solid Organs programme, where he trains and teaches surgeons from throughout the country.
He has given health presentations in a variety of venues, including print and electronic media, as well as several television channels. For the Hospital and other organizations, he has led and arranged CME workshops and other academic events. He has trained more than 500 surgeons in the field of Bariatric & metabolic surgeries and advanced laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgeries.
Dr. Randeep Wadhawan specializes in robotic-assisted minimally invasive procedures for a variety of gastrointestinal problems. The state-of-the-art robotic surgery programme is staffed by a highly skilled and experienced team of surgeons, nurses, and technicians that specialize in the da Vinci® surgical system.
The ECS (European coloproctology Society) has certified him to do STARR and other advanced trans-anal procedures. The credential is held by only ten surgeons in India.
He has presented presentations on endo hernia at a number of international conferences and workshops, including the annual Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS) in Bali, Indonesia in October 2009, and the APHS in Seoul, South Korea in October 2010.
He has traveled extensively for conferences, workshops, and training throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Europe, the Gulf countries, Southeast Asian countries, and Japan.
Contact Us Today To Help You Plan Your Medical Trip
Education & Training
- Honorary Fellowship of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery, India
- Honorary Fellowship of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery in the field of Bariatric Surgery and
- ColoRectal Surgery by the Indian Association of GastrointestinalEndosurgeons
- Fellowship Of The American College Of Surgeons
- Fellowship Of International College Of Surgeons, U.S.A.
- Fellowship of Association of Surgeons of India
- Fellowship of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Fellowship of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons
- MS (Master in General Surgery)-India
- M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)- India
- Advanced workshop on MIPH (Minimally Invasive Procedure in Haemorrhoids) at the Tung Wah Hospital, Hong Kong
- Advanced Colorectal workshop on MIPH & STARR Procedures at Rome, Italy
- Participated in a workshop on STARR and other trans-anal colorectal surgeries held at Vienna, Austria
Awards & Memberships
- OSSI – and Metabolic Surgery Society Of India
- HSI – Hernia Society Of India
- ASI –Association of Surgeons of India
- IAGES – Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons
- AMASI – Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- OSSI– Obesity Surgery Society of India.
- IFSO– Federation for the surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders.
- APHS – Asia-Pacific Hernia Society
- SELSI- of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of India.
- Delhi Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India.
- IMA – Medical Association
- DMA (South Delhi Branch) – Delhi Medical Association
Treatments Offered by Dr. Randeep Wadhawan
- Laparoscopic Bariatric surgeries, including Sleeve Gastrectomy, Lap Band, Gastric Bypass, IGB etc.
- Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal surgeries including malignancies
- Laparoscopic procedures for Pediatric patients
- Laparoscopic Urology
- Staplers in Haemorrhoidal surgeries
- Robotic (Da Vinci) surgeries for GI Malignancies &
- Single incision Laparoscopic surgeries ( SILS)
Doctors similar to Dr. Randeep Wadhawan
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Randeep Wadhawan practices at Manipal Hospital in New Delhi.
Dr. Randeep Wadhawan has more than 33 years of experience.
Dr. Randeep Wadhawan specializes in robotic-assisted minimally invasive procedures for a variety of gastrointestinal problems. Procedures for hiatal hernias, related esophageal reflux, achalasia (a disease of the muscle at the end of the esophagus), and some gallbladder removal are among them, besides his highly acclaimed work in the field of bariatric surgery.
More About Bariatric Surgeons
Bariatric surgery is a digestive system surgery used to help people who are severely obese lose weight. When traditional weight-loss measures, such as diet control, exercise, and so on, have failed, severe obese patients (BMI > 40) may benefit from weight-loss surgery or bariatric surgery.
A bariatrician is a physician who specializes in the treatment of obesity and its complications. By lowering the body fat responsible for disease processes while retaining muscle mass, bariatricians can help prevent and, more significantly, reverse obesity-related disorders.
Endocrinologists, or hormone and metabolism specialists, can assess and treat obesity as well as weight-related disorders like type 2 diabetes. They can help you lose weight by prescribing anti-obesity drugs and monitoring your progress.
Bariatric surgery is another name for weight-loss surgery. Surgical methods vary, but they all help you lose weight by reducing the amount of food you may eat.
Contact Us Today To Help You Plan Your Medical Trip