Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital is one of the most advanced and modern hospitals in India. It is a state of the art tertiary care multi-speciality hospital located in the biggest suburb of Mumbai- Andheri and counted among the best hospitals in Mumbai. The hospital is spread both vertically and horizontally, to be housed in 17 floors and 2 basements, covering over 10 lakh sq feet of space.
The hospital is run by the largest business house in India- The Reliance Group. Reliance is a little two decades old group with assets of over $46 billion. Reliance has a presence in a wide array of businesses ranging from telecom to finance, entertainment, power, infrastructure and healthcare.
The hospital runs on the same philosophy of Reliance- To give the best in class care and experience to the patients for every penny spent.
The hospital is unique in many aspects. It has over 750 inpatient beds, 22 Operation theatres and around 180 ICU beds- the maximum ICU beds any hospital has in the city. The hospital has a total of over 240 out-patient clinics, which can handle 9,000 out patient consultations everyday.
It has 30 elevators, the largest number of elevators for any hospital in India. This ensures smooth patientt flow throughout the hospital. The laboratory is housed on a single floor spread over an area of over 40,000 sq ft. The hospital also has the largest dialysis centre in Mumbai with more than 40 dialysis machines.
KDAH is the first in city of Mumbai to start the Full Time Specialist System, which makes the access to the specialist doctors much easier. The hospital uses Protocol and Care Pathway based treatment models to ensure the best outcomes for patients. This is in line with the best practices followed in leading healthcare institutions across the globe. Full Time Specialist System allows in creating the patient centric model, which helps in giving the best outcomes for every patient.
KDAH has the most advanced technology available to offer the best in class treatent to the patients. Da Vinci Surgical System (Robotic Surgery), 3-Room Intraoperative MRI Suite – IMRIS, Orthopaedic, ENT and Neuro Navigation Systems, 3 Tesla MRI are few of the technology that the hospital has.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital was dream project of famous Cardiac surgeon- Dr Nitu Mandke. He wanted to build a truly worldclass medical institution in India.
Dr Mandke was one of the distinct cardiac surgeons who had the opportunity to spend many years working with the best cardiac surgeons in the world- Dr. Magdi Yacoub in the United Kingdom and Dr. Kirklin and Dr. Pacifico in the United States.
Dr Mandke had succesfully treated few of the most complex cardiac surgeries in India. He was one of the distinct surgeons in India to be felicitated with awards like 'The Rajiv Gandhi Gold Medal of Merit', 'Sarvashri Gold Medal' , 'Pride of India', 'Indira Gandhi Sadbhavana Award' 'Outstanding Man Of The 20th Century' and many more.
Dr Mandke started building the hospital and had done quite some work on it; but his untimely death did not allow him to see his dream come true. The Reliance foundation took over and built the remaining portion and the hospital thus came to be known as – Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
Specialities Available :
- Bone & Joint
- Cardiac Sciences
- Children’s Heart Centre
- Critical Care
- Obesity surgery
- Mother& Child
- Internal Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Robotic Surgery
- Sports Medicines
- Organ Transplant
- Bariatric Surgery
- Clinical Haematology
- Development Disorder
- International Radiology
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Transfusion Medicine
- Vascular Surgery
- General and Laparoscopic
- Molecular Medicine
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery
Facilities / Technology Available :
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgical System
- Intraoperative MRI Suite - IMRIS
- Navigation Systems for Orthopaedic, ENT and Neurological procedures
- Computer-enhanced rehabilitation Device, Armeo Spring, which helps in improving hand and arm function in patients suffering from stroke, accidental brain injuries and other neurological disorders
- Robotic-driven, computer-enhanced, Gait Orthosis device "Lokomat Pro", which assists and improves walking in patients with neurological impairments
- Radiation Oncology Linac Suites furnished with Trilogy for radiotherapy and Novalis Tx for accurate and pain-less radio-surgical procedures.
- EDGETM – the most precise and effective tool for Stereotactic Radiosurgery, for cancer treatment
- 3 Tesla MRI
- 40 Slice PET CT, SPECT and 64 Slice Dual Source CT
- Biggest Multi-Specialty Rehabilitation Complex which occupies an area of over 30,000 sq. feet
- Gait Analysis & Training Lab for cerebral palsy and stroke patients
- Sports and neurological rehabilitation equipment, including Aquatic Treadmill
- External Counter Pulsation (ECP) machine
- Latest technical features in ICUs including ceiling-mounted, dual-arm pendants, to make sure that the environment around the patient is clutter free. The ICUs have dedicated air supply which keeps the critical care area contamination and infection free, which is a unique feature not found in most hospitals.
- New large HDR detector
- GIGILIX X-ray Tube
- Compact and rotating biplane detectors
- ARTIS Q Biplane system-Interventional Radiology
- Joint Commission International (JCI) Accreditation, USA
- National Accreditation Board for Hospital and Healthcare Providers (NABH) Accreditation, India
- College of American Pathology (CAP) Accreditation, USA
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) Accreditation, India
Milestones and Achievements :
- Number 1 Hospital in Mumbai by The Week Magazine
- Best Multispecialty Hospital at BW Businessworld Healthcare & Summit Awards
- Reader's Digest Trusted Hospitals
- No. 1 Multispecialty Hospital in Mumbai and Western India by Times of India
- Smartest Hospital Building by Honeywell
Distance from the Airport :
The hospital is conveniently located at a distance of around 10 km or 6.2 miles from Mumbai International Airport. It takes around 30 min to reach the hospital from the aiport in normal traffic conditions.
Rao Saheb Achutrao Patwardhan Marg, Four Bunglows, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
Pictures Of Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai :