Organ transplant in India
Healthcare in India has progressed by leaps and bounds. There are few of the best hospitals in India for organ transplant, counted among the best hospitals in the world for organ transplant. Few of the hospitals in India have got the most sophisticated technology and crème de la crème of surgeons for a successful organ transplant. The success rate after kidney or liver transplant in India is as good as the best hospitals in the world for liver transplant or kidney transplant and the cost of liver and kidney transplant in India is a fraction of the cost of liver transplant at best hospitals in the world. And that is what is driving more and more people to get organ transplant in India- the process popularly known as transplant tourism.
Our association with carefully chosen hospitals and surgeons for kidney, liver, bone marrow, pancreas, gall bladder, bone marrow transplants and cochlear implants allow us to offer organ transplant in India to you at very affordable prices.
Organ Transplantation Laws in India
Organ Transplant in India is strictly regulated by Govt of India. The law is very strict and prohibits any commercial transaction between the donor and the recipient of any organ. Only close or blood relatives (brother, sister, mother, father, children or spouse) can donate organ to the patient.
A special permission from the Govt. of India is to be taken if an unrelated person wants to donate any organ to the patient. If the proposed donor or the recipient or both are foreigners and are seeking organ transplant operation in India, a senior Embassy official of the country of origin or the government of the country concerned (authenticated by the Embassy concerned in India) has to certify the relationship between the donor and the recipient.
Transplantation is the process of removal of the healthy, live and well-functioning living cell or tissue from the body and transferring or replacing the diseased or abnormal tissue with it in the same or different body.
In simpler words, Organ transplant refers to the replacement of the non-functioning organ with the healthy and living organ from the donor which can be a living or dead person or a cadaver.Most often and most commonly done transplantation includes the following;
- Kidney transplant
- Bone marrow transplant
- Liver transplant
- Pancreas transplant
- Gall bladder transplant
Most commonly performed organ transplants in India are:
- Kidney transplant: Kidney transplant, also known as renal transplant is the operation in which the damaged kidney is replaced with the live and well-functioning kidney obtained from the person who is willing to donate one. It is the most commonly done organ transplant in India and worldwide. Nowadays, the advancements allow kidney transplant even when the donor and recipient's blood group do not match.
- Liver transplant: It is the second most important organ transplant done after kidney. It is a procedure in which the diseased and damaged liver that cannot perform its normal functions is replaced with the live and healthy liver sourced from the donor.
- Bone marrow transplant: Bone marrow transplantation, also known as stem cell transplant is the surgical procedure in which the damaged bone marrow is replaced with the healthy bone marrow cells. It is done to treat diseases like leukaemia, aplastic anaemia, lymphomas as Hodgkin's disease, multiple myeloma, immune deficiency disorders etc.
Cost of organ transplant in India
At IndiCure we recognize the significance of excellent health and well-being of our guests and hence our objective is to provide organ transplant in India at honest affordable prices. A preferred association with best organ transplant hospitals in India and top surgeons in India helps us advise
- The best hospital for organ transplantation in India
- The best and most affordable cost of organ transplant in India
The cost of organ transplant in India varies with the type of procedure chosen, medical condition, facility and the city where you choose to get the surgery done. An individually allocated case manager takes personalized interest to design a tailor made treatment plan for every guest and will provide with a specific time and cost of organ transplantation in India.
Medical history and diagnostic reports may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for an early response from the case managers.
We encourage you to educate yourself about organ transplant in India, benefits from the right kind of procedure and then make an informed decision.
IndiCure thus invites you for a free consultation with chosen best organ transplant hospitals in India and top surgeons in India and assures you hassle free arrangements for examinations, procedures, recovery, travel and stay in India.
You can be rest assured that with IndiCure's expertise, we bring in a wonderful experience of medical tourism in India, which we have been doing so for almost a decade now.