Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, was established in 1983 by Dr Pratap C Reddy with the aim to bring quality healthcare within the reach of Indians. The hospital became the most important landmark in the history of healthcare in India. It is one of the most famous and renowned hospitals the country has. With many success stories and breakthroughs in the medical field, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai is truly the flagship hospital of the Apollo Group.
In a span of a little over three decades, Apollo Chennai has created a name for itself not only in India but among the best healthcare institutions in the world. The hospital has scripted great success stories that very few institutes have seen. The hospital is one of the most renowned and respected hospitals among patients from across the globe. Not only Indians, people from across the globe prefer Apollo Chennai for medical tourism.
The state of the art hospital, considered to be among the best hospital in Chennai and India has over 60 departments under one roof. Accredited by JCI and NABH, the hospital provides the most advanced technology for many specialities.
Specialities Available :
The hospital offers almost all specialties while the Centres of Excellence are:
- Heart Care
- Cancer Care
- Nephrology & Urology
- Spine Surgery
- Critical Care
- Emergency Services
- Bariatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- JCI accreditation for Hospital
- NABL Accreditation for the Labs
- First hospital in India to be awarded ISO 9001:2008 certification.
Facilities / Technology Available :
- Specially dedicated cardiac CCU, Cardiothoracic ICU and world class heart and lung transplant ICU
- 4 state-of-the-art cathlabs with latest software for better imaging and lower radiation
- 320 slice CT scanner
- Neuro Navigation
- Integrated Neuro-Physiology Laboratory
- State of the art dedicated Liver Intensive Care Unit & Operation Theatre
- Dedicated Operating Theatres specially made for transplant operations
- 320 Slice CT scanners
- 3 Tesla MRI machine
- Intensive Care for Neuro patients
- Neuro rehabilitation using Robotics
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
Milestones and Achievements :
- Only facility in the country to perform Cardiac robotic surgery regularly
- First hospital in the country to get advanced 3D mapping system (carto-3) for complex arrhythmia management
- Highest number of cardiac procedures & surgeries annually in Tamil Nadu with near 100% success rates for PTCA & stenting
- First Asian hospital to perform first en-bloc combined heart & liver transplant, joining a very small set of transplant centres in the world to have done this
- The hospital to have done maximum number of combined heart and double lung transplants in India
- The first hospital to introduce 64 Slice and 320 Slice CT Scanners
- First hospital in India and Indian subcontinent to use Robotics for Bariatric Surgery
- The first hospital in Asia to offer Robotic Spine Surgery
- The first hospital in the world to perform Single Incision Revision Bariatric Surgery
- First hospital in India to use resorbable screws to fix congenital spine ailment
- First hospital in the world to perform iPod Navigation Hip Resurfacing Surgery
- First Oncology Hospital in India and First Hospital in Chennai city to be accredited by NABH.
- First hospital in South-East Asia to introduce the 64 Slice PET-CT Scan.
- First hospital to introduce PET MRI and CyberKnife
- First hospital in India to have all the latest Radiotherapy equipment such as TrueBeam STX
- First hospital in India to launch Proton Therapy
- First hospital in South India to save 3 lives from liver, intestine and abdominal wall donation from single donor.
- First Apollo hospital to perform redo Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) on a Mauritian patient with advanced Parkinson's disease.
- First hospital in the Asia-Pacific to offer the Renaissance Robotic Technology, the only robotic system specifically designed for spine surgery.
- Apollo Chennai was the first hospital to perform lumbar disc replacement in India and till date performs the maximum number of spinal deformity corrections
- Anterior stabilization spinal implant was first designed at Apollo Chennai, which is now being used throughout the world after getting approved by FDA
- First hospital in India to perform Single Incision Gastric Bypass
Distance from the Airport :
Apollo Hospital Chennai is located at a distance of 15 kms or 9.3 miles from Chennai International airport. It takes around 20 min to reach the hospital from the airport in normal traffic conditions.
21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road, Chennai – 600006
Pictures Of Apollo Hospital, Chennai :