Fortis Healthcare Limited is the second largest healthcare company in India and one of the best and renowned names in the healthcare industry not only in India but Asia Pacific and beyond. Fortis group is an integrated healthcare delivery provider and has businesses in various healthcare verticals such as diagnostics, day care centers etc. which complement its hospital business. The group owns more than 10,000 hospital beds, 55 healthcare facilities and 314 diagnostic centers in India, Sri Lanka, Mauritius and Dubai.
Fortis Group has been instrumental in changing the healthcare landscape in India. Established in 1996, by the founder chairman Late Dr Parvinder Singh, Fortis is the second largest and the fastest growing healthcare group in the country. From building the first hospital in Mohali, Chandigarh to running 55 hospitals in a span of 15 years is a formidable achievement by any healthcare group.
These facilities include the most famous Fortis Escorts Heart Institute which is the epitome of cardiac care in this part of the world, and Fortis Memorial Research Institute which is considered to be a Mecca in healthcare for Asia Pacific and beyond.
A recently done worldwide study which compared 30 most technologically advanced hospitals in the world, ranked Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) at Number 2 position by topmastersinhealthcare.com, leaving many other medical institutions of the highest repute in the world way behind.
Fortis group has its presence in almost all major cities in India from North to South and Far East to West, Fortis has either built or acquired a hospital to bring the best of healthcare services to the population. Delhi, Amritsar, Mohali, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata and many more cities have a "Fortis" in them.
The group's vision "to create a world class integrated healthcare delivery system in India, entailing the finest medical skills combined with compassionate patient care" is fulfilled using the best in class technology and investing in the best human capital.
The hospital is pioneer in bringing some of the most advanced technology in India and Asia and few in the world. The doctors at Fortis hospitals are considered to be not only among the best doctors in India, but the best doctors in the world.
Fortis offers treatment in all medical specialties from the simple birthing to the most complex Neurosurgery and Cardiac surgery and dental treatment to Liver and Bone Marrow transplant. The centers of Excellence at Fortis hospitals use the most advanced technology and most qualified and experienced medical staff to create clinics par excellence.
Few of the most famous Fortis Hospitals attracting patients from India and various parts of the world are :
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute
- Fortis Hospital, Noida,
- Fortis Hospital, Faridabad
- Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh
- Fortis Hospital, Mohali
- Fortis Hospital, Bannerghatta road, Bangalore
- Fortis Hospital, Cunningham road, Bangalore
- Fortis Malar Hospital, Adayar
- Fortis Medical Centre, Kolkata
- Fortis Hospital and Kidney Institute, Kolkata
- Fortis Hospital Mulund, Mumbai
- Fortis Hospital, Vashi, Mumbai
- SL Raheja Fortis Hospital, Mumbai
- Pain Clinic
- Palliative Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Health Check
- Respiratory Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Thoracic Surgery
- Transfusion Medicine
- Vascular surgery
- Internal Medicine
Many of the Fortis hospitals are JCI (Joints Commission International) accredited, the gold standard in healthcare accreditation, and most are NABH accredited hospitals, which ensure in bringing the best quality to the patients.
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery
- Radiation Therapy - FMRI offers the most advanced technology in the world for Radiation therapy, which is by a collaboration between leading technology innovators, Brain Lab and Elekta.
- 3- Tesla Digital MRI - The hospital has the first digital broadband MRI
- Stem Cell - India's first stem cell lab in a hospital in collaboration with Totipotent Rx, a US based cell Therapy Company.
- Open Lab – FMRI has the first lab in India which is open or a glass “see-through” lab. One can see the real time processing of blood samples.
- Bi- Plane Cath Lab - Bi- plane cath lab is one of the most advanced systems in cath labs to offer highest precision for cardiac and vascular interventions.
- Brain Suite – Brain Suite is one of its kind system where the surgeons can perform intra-operative CT for brain and spine surgeries to deliver the best results.
- e- ICU- It is one of its kind in the whole world. The most advanced patient management system which offers two-way audio visual communication to allow clinicians access a patient 24X7.
- Time of flight PET CT - One of the first of its kind PET CT in the world which can detect lesions as small as 2.5 mm. It also offers exceptional image quality with Time of flight (TOF) reconstruction.
- Voice Modulated & Integrated Operating rooms - Two modular operating rooms integrated with equipment and controlled by a common control panel
- 256 Slice CT – 256 slice CT is one of the most advanced technology available in the world today which has the ability to capture the image of complete heart in mere two heart beats.