Robotic heart surgery in India
Robotic cardiac surgery in India with da vinci technology is available at select best heart hospitals in India with state-of-the-art facilities associated with IndiCure. Da vinci robotic surgery in India is done by top cardiac surgeons in India who are highly trained to perform such surgeries. The addition of cutting-edge technology and infrastructure to this skill set at much lower costs than the western world has make robotic heart surgery in India a roaring success.
Robot assisted or robotic heart surgery is a kind of minimally invasive surgery. The technique involves a computer console controlling the robotic arm mounted surgical instruments. This technology allows cardiac surgeons to perform complex heart surgeries with high level of precision for both motion control and the surgical incision. The incisions are less than 2 inches.
The main advantage of robotic cardiac surgery is that the procedure is minimally invasive as compared with other forms of heart surgery. Smaller incisions mean that you can heal faster and return to activities more quickly.
Advantages of Robotic Heart Surgery:
- Allows surgeon to operate even in complex cardiothoracic procedures
- Better precision and accuracy
- Enhanced visualization and improved access
- Three-dimensional - 3D magnification
- Gives the surgeon better control over the surgical instruments and a better view of the surgical site
- Naturally occurring hand tremors are filtered out by the robot's computer software
- Quick and Easy recovery
- Less Pain and scarring
- Shorter Hospital Stay
- Reduced Blood Loss and need for blood transfusion
- Reduces the risk of infection
- Reduction in use of pain medicines
- Faster Recovery & return to normal activities
- There are a number of cardiac conditions that can be treated with robotic heart surgeries. Some of these conditions are:
- Severe coronary artery disease, angina and partial or complete blockage of coronary arteries.
- Mitral and tricuspid valve regurgitation
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial septal defect
- Patent foramen ovale
There are different types of robotic heart surgeries depending on the condition to be treated
- Robotic cardiac bypass surgery/Minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass graft (MIDCABG) surgery: It is done without sternotomy (i.e, without opening the chest wall) and done “off-pump”, that is, without heart lung machine. It is one of the least invasive approaches for cardiac bypass. Robotic heart surgery requires 3 small incisions between the ribs. The robotic arm carries the surgical equipment and guided by motion sensors so that the movement can be dictated by the surgeons.
- Robotic cardiac valve surgery: Robotic mitral and tricuspid valve repair can be done in cases of valve regurgitation.
- Robotic atrial septal defect (ASD) and patent foramen ovale repair (PFO) Repair: Robotic heart surgery for ASD and PFO repair are done by harvesting a small area of pericardial tissue and suturing it over the defect.
- Robotic procedure for cardiac implants like pacemakers: In a robotic defibrillator implant or biventricular pacemaker, the endoscopic instruments are controlled by the surgeon, but done by the robotic arms through small incisions on chest-wall. Leads are placed on the left ventricle and then connected to the pacemaker or defibrillator, so that the heat-beats can be resynchronized.
- Robotic atrial fibrillation surgery: During the procedure, endoscopically controlled robotic arm opens the pericardium and introduces the catheter for ablation and correction of abnormal rhythm.
- Robotic cardiac tumour surgeries: The common left atrial tumour which increases stroke risk are called myxomas which can be removed robotically.
Not everyone is a candidate for Robotic Heart surgery. Our expert cardiac surgeons can advise whether you are good candidate for robotic heart surgery or not, after evaluating your reports and examining you. Factors that affect your candidacy include your age, medical history, and lifestyle, as well as the overall severity of the disease.
You will be put under general anesthesia and the surgeon will make a series of keyhole sized incisions on the side of your chest aligned with the openings between your ribs. Depending on procedure being performed, the several precision-guided robotic arms will be inserted into these incisions. These robotic arms hold and manipulate tiny instruments in order to perform the required tasks on the heart or surrounding arteries. A tiny video camera will be inserted into another incision to provide a magnified, three-dimensional image of the operating site. The surgeon will control the robotic arms and camera from a special console located within the operating room. On completion of surgery, the surgeon will remove the instruments and close the incisions.
Robotic Heart surgery has positive results similar to those of a conventional heart surgery - restoration of sufficient blood flow and normal delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the heart or normal functioning of heart after a valve replacement. The procedure, though, has added advantages of smaller incisions, lesser chances of complications, quicker recovery and surgery also possible in high risk cases.
After the robotic cardiac surgery is done, you will be moved to the recovery area to be monitored. The hospital stay after robotic heart surgery is typically half as compared to the conventional open heart surgery. You would be given pain medications and would be under medical supervision for about 3-4 days.
Post surgical pain after robotic heart surgery is comparatively much less than conventional heart surgery and you can soon resume your routine activities. Most people return to their routine activities within 2-3 weeks of robotic heart surgery.
The less invasive nature of robotic heart surgery means less scarring on your chest. Robotic cardiac surgery leaves 6-7 tiny scars on the side of your chest while conventional heart surgery may leave a 10 inch long scar.
Time and Cost
Robotic heart surgery in India requires a hospital stay of 2-3 days and another 10 days in town before you can go back. You would be able to return to normal activities after 2 to 3 weeks of the surgery while rigorous activities should wait for 8-10 weeks after permission from your surgeon.
Cost of robotic heart surgery in India
At IndiCure, we recognize the significance of excellent health and well-being of our guests and hence our objective is to provide best robotic heart surgery in India at honest affordable prices. A preferred association with top heart hospitals in India and top cardiac surgeons in India helps us advise:
- Best robotic heart surgery in India/da vinci robotic surgery in India
- Most affordable cost of robotic heart surgery in India
The cost of robotic heart surgery in India varies with the type of procedure chosen, your medical condition, surgeon, facility and the city where you choose to get the surgery done. The cost of robotic heart surgery in India starts from USD 7000 and varies depending upon many factors.
An individually allocated case manager takes personalized interest to design a tailor made treatment plan for every guest and will provide with a specific time and cost of robotic heart surgery in India.
Medical history and diagnostic reports may be sent to email@example.com for an early response from the case managers.
We encourage you to educate yourself about robotic cardiac surgery in India/da vinci robotic surgery in India, benefits from the right kind of procedure and then make an informed decision.
IndiCure thus invites you for a free consultation with chosen top cardiac surgeons in India and assures you hassle free arrangements for examinations, procedures, recovery, travel and stay in India.
You can be rest assured that with IndiCure's expertise, we bring in a wonderful experience of medical tourism in India, which we have been doing so for almost a decade now.