Cost of Orthopedic Surgery in India
The cost of Orthopedic surgery in India is a fraction of what it costs to get the surgery done in US, UK or any other Western country. For example, the cost of Knee replacement in India starts from $ 4900 with IndiCure, whereas the cost of same surgery is around $25,000 in US, £10,000 in UK and $30,000 in Australia.
The cost of orthopedic surgery in India varies with the type of procedure chosen, surgeon, hospital and the city where you choose to get the surgery done. Here is a quick look at cost comparison of Orthopedic surgery prices in India and various other countries:
|Procedure||USA ($)||Australia ($)||UK (£)||India ($)||Orthopedic surgery prices in India in Indian Rupees (INR)|
|Knee Replacement (Single Knee)||25,000||30,000||10,000||5,000||3,00,000|
|Knee Replacement (Both Knees)||48,000||50,000||18,000||9,000||5,50,000|
|Hip Replacement (Single Hip)||30,000||35,000||12,000||5,500||3,30,000|
|Hip Replacement (Both Hips)||55,000||60,000||25,000||10,500||6,30,000|
*The cost quoted above is indicative and should not be taken as the final cost of the surgery for any individual patient. The final cost can be ascertained after the surgeon has evaluated the patient. The cost in Indian Rupees can vary based on exchange rate.
Joint replacement in India
Choosing to travel for orthopedic surgery or joint replacement in India arouses mixed reactions from people from different parts of the world. While many people are aware of, and are confident about getting the surgery in India, there are others from Western countries who have many apprehensions and questions in their mind, viz; Is it safe to have orthopedic surgery in India? How should we begin to have orthopedic surgery abroad? Who are the best orthopedic surgeons in India? Which is the best orthopedic hospital surgery in India? And many more similar questions.
We at IndiCure understand all the apprehensions and questions that you have when you opt for medical tourism- surgery away from your home and are there to help you make an informed decision. We always strive to get you the best deal when you opt to travel to India for your orthopedic surgery. We completely understand that any surgery is a major decision and when you choose to get it miles away from your home, the decision can be overwhelming. IndiCure assures you to be a partner in your journey and make medical sojourn to India a successful and memorable one for you!
IndiCure offers joint replacement surgery at best orthopaedic hospitals in India at our associated JCI accredited hospitals and clinics, which are equipped with the most sophisticated technology including:
- Operation theatres built according to International specifications using ultra-clean laminar air flow system, for best standards of infection control.
- Computer Navigation System
- High Definition Cameras
- Arthroscopic Equipment for performing technically challenging procedures
- Advanced Diagnostics and Support Infrastructure - 256 slice CT , High end MRI, PET scan
- Best quality prosthesis and implants
- Super specialized rehabilitation services, including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, hydrotherapy and other disciplines, which help the patient have a smooth journey post their joint replacement surgery and also helps them to return back to normal activity at the earliest after the surgery.
IndiCure associated board certified surgeons are among the best orthopedic surgeons in India. They are vastly experienced and extensively trained in India and abroad, and have years of experience behind them in performing the knee, Hip and other joint replacement surgeries.
IndiCure can assist you with the following joint replacement surgeries in India:
There are various variations in knee joint replacement surgery depending upon the patient's age, requirement and medical condition of the joint.
- Total Knee Joint Replacement: Total Knee replacement is considered to be the best treatment for arthritis when all other conservative treatments have failed to relieve the patient of disabling knee pain.
- Hi Flex Knee Replacement: High flexion knee or full bend knee replacement allows bending to 155 degrees and is a boon to patientsseeking increased function after knee replacement. It allows activities after the surgery which require deep knee bend like stair climbing, squatting, kneeling, gardening etc. This degree of high flexion is achieved by selecting the right patient (not every patient is a candidate for hi-flex knee),implant design, surgery technique and rigorous physiotherapy.
- Minimally invasive quadriceps (sparing total knee replacement): This technique also known quadriceps- sparing knee replacement allows surgeons to insert the same knee replacement implants through a shorter incision that avoids any kind of trauma to the quadriceps muscles. Unlike the conventional surgery, where the incision is about 7-8" long, minimally invasive surgery is done through an incision which is 3-4" long, resulting in quick recovery. The patients are able to walk as early as third day after the surgery.
- Partial Knee Replacement (Uni-condylar or Uni-compartmental): Uni-compartmental knee is an option for a small percentage of people suffering from osteoarthritis of a part of the knee joint. In a uni-compartmental knee replacement, only the damaged compartment is replaced with metal and plastic.
- Total hip replacement: Hip replacement is the tested and proven operation in elderly patients over 60. THR is also the preferred treatment for femoral neck fracture in this age group. THR is advised as the golden standard for hip arthritis in patients older than 60 years, advanced hip destruction and altered anatomy of the hip joint.
- Hip Resurfacing: Hip resurfacing (also called hip arthroplasty) involves replacing the damaged surfaces of the hip joint with metal implants to improve mobility and reduce pain in the hip joint.
Why Orthopedic Surgery in India?
Orthopedic Surgery in India has evolved tremendously over the years.
Advanced surgical techniques, safer anaesthesia, shorter recovery periods make India the best place for orthopedic surgery in the world and an economical and attractive option for people looking for affordable orthopedic surgery abroad.
Getting joint replacement in India with carefully chosen orthopedic surgeons and hospitals by IndiCure offers many advantages, few of which are listed below –
Savings - The cost of orthopedic surgery in India is much lesser, about 60% to 90% cheaper, as compared to the cost of orthopedic surgery in UK, US, Canada, Australia or any other Western country. It costs almost a third or even less to get joint replacement surgery in India as compared to any of these countries.
Best Orthopedic Surgeons in world - Orthopedic surgeons in India are known for their skill and expertise all over the world. Not only are they trained at best medical schools in the world, the experience Indian orthopedic surgeons have is second to none.
State of the art hospitals - The orthopedic hospitals and clinics that IndiCure chooses to associate with have the state of the art technology and zero MRSA rate , which is even better than what you would find in many European countries.
No language barrier - English is the second official language of India. Surgeons, nurses and other support staff at the hospital speak English, so communication is never a problem though not being used to a different accent may pose some difficulty at some times.
Incredible India - India is one of the most mystical countries on the earth, and is also come to be known as God's own country. It is a must see destination by all known travel magazines and portals. People with completely different languages, cultures, religions all cordially living together as one country, is a unique experience to see.
Who are the Best Orthopedic Surgeons in India?
India is a huge country and you would find many qualified and experienced orthopediac surgeons in different parts of the country. We at IndiCure understand that you wish to get operated by a very experienced and qualified surgeon with NO risks taken.
Our experts have therefore laid down critreria and we only suggest those surgeons who fulfill these criteria. We thus do the homework for you and help you make an informed decision.
Some of the important factors we look into, when we suggest a orthopedic surgeon to you include:
- Should have done his super-specilization to perform Joint replacement surgery
- Should have at least 10 years or more years of experience
- Should be a Board certified surgeon
- Should be a member of International Association of Orthopedic Surgery
- Should not have a case of malpractice against him
- Should be fluent in English
- Should have good Bed side manners
Which are the best Orthopedic hospitals in India?
Joint replacement and orthopedic surgery is a specialised surgery which needs a specialised surgical room, specialised equipment and qualified nurses and technicians. IndiCure has association with few of the best orthopedic hospitals in India to offer you nothing but the best experience. These hospitals not only have state of the art technology but offer great services. They have dedicated people to take care of patients coming from overseas to provide them best of medical care and services.
Is it Safe to have Joint Replacement Surgery in India?
Yes, absolutely. If you get your surgery done by a well qualified and experienced surgeon, in a good surgical room, at a hospital which offers proper post-operative care; the risk of undergoing any surgery anywhere in the world is just the same. So, whether you are in US, UK, Australia or Canada the risks remain the same keeping other factors constant.
The hospitals in India that we associate with, are accredited, the surgeons board certified and more experienced than their Western counterparts, and we give utmost attention to the fact that you have travelled from a faraway country and have special requirements.
We advise that you stay in India for a minimum of ten days after you are discharged from the hospital to make sure you have healed adequately before you go back. We also provide proper rehabilitation after orthopedic surgery for best results. All these factors make surgery in India a very safe proposition. We have in fact seen that with proper patient selection and proper precautions, the success rate is much higher than in patients' home countries.
Which cities in India can I get my Orthopedic Surgery with IndiCure?
We can offer you orthopedic surgery in India at all major metros including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore. You can specify your prefence and we shall arrange things accordingly.
Orthopedic Surgery in India- Is only low cost attracting medical tourists?
The answer to the above question is definitely NO. Who would like to pay and get a botched up surgery or risk his/ her life? Medical tourists come to India because they get quality healthcare services at affordable cost.
While affordable orthopedic surgery prices in India definitely make it one of the most popular destinations in the world, low cost is not the only reason why more and more people are opting India as their preferred medical tourism destination.
Safe and effective surgery, modern technology and great services, excellent infrastructure, state of the art hospitals, personalized attention, world renowned orthopedic surgeons, no language barrier and ease of travel are some of the factors which have attracted people from all across the globe for their orthopedic surgery in India.
IndiCure is proud to associate with some of the best orthopedic surgeons in India who have many years of experience in carrying out successful orthopedic surgery. With IndiCure, you can be assured of personalized care and attention.
Why should you choose IndiCure to plan your trip?
At IndiCure we recognize the significance of excellent health and the well-being of our guests and hence our objective is to provide the best option for your orthopedic surgery in India at most affordable prices.
We bring the best of joint replacement surgery in India in association with most reputed and best orthopedic surgeons.
We understand that when you have chosen to travel abroad for your orthopedic surgery, you are surely looking for cost savings. And that is why we have special negotiated prices for joint replacement for our clients. We offer you best possible prices for the quality of services and results that you get with us.
So, whether you have never been to India and this is your first visit, or you are coming alone, do not worry. We provide complete solution for your orthopedic surgery - right from helping you with the visa, hotel arrangements, airport pick up and drop back, inland transfers, money exchange or sight-seeing, we help you with all your errands during your trip.
IndiCure is the most renowned name for medical tourism offering affordable surgery with best orthopedic surgeons in India. After having served hundreds of happy patients from over 30 countries, we understand your expectations well. When you choose IndiCure, you are sure about:
- Best Orthopedic Surgeons : You would be operated only by board certified surgeons who have 100% success rate and no case of malpractice against them. We do the homework for you to find the best orthopedic surgeon in India for you, the most important factor for a successful surgery.
- Negotiated Rates : We have highly negotiated rates to offer you the best deal for your medical tourism.
- Complete Handholding : We would be like your friend and guide and would always handhold you anytime you need. We understand that India can be a new country for you and you want someone reliable and professional to help you.
- Ancillary Services : We shall help you with medical visa arrangements, accommodation you and your family after you are discharged from the hospital, appointment with surgeon, transport service to and from the airport, inland transfers and anything you need when you are here.
How to start your journey for Orthopedic surgery in India?
This is how you can begin your journey:
- Contact us through mail or call us at the numbers provided above. One of our representatives will get in touch with you.
- You would be asked for few details and X-rays and medical reports to assess your candidacy for the surgery.
- We shall get back to you with our expert surgeon’s opinion, exact cost and complete details about your surgery.
- You can ask any number of questions and we shall get answers to all your queries through our expert orthopedic doctors in India.
- You can then finalize your dates and we help you with visa, bookings and further steps.
We encourage you to educate yourself about joint replacement surgery, benefits from the right kind of procedure, best hospitals for orthopaedic surgery in India and then make an informed decision.
IndiCure thus invites you for a free consultation with chosen best orthopaedic hospitals and top orthopaedic surgeons and assures you hassle free arrangements for examinations, procedures, recovery, travel and stay in India.
You can be rest assured that with IndiCure's expertise, we bring in a wonderful experience of medical tourism, which we have been doing so for almost a decade now.
An individually allocated case manager takes personalized interest to design a tailor made treatment plan for every guest and will inform you about the duration and cost of orthopedic surgery in India.
Medical history and reports may be sent to email@example.com for a quick response from the case managers.