Wockhardt Hospitals is the branch of leading Wockhardt pharmaceutical company in India. The company is more than four decades old and is present in more than 20 countries around the globe. Wockhardt has 9 hospitals in India in Mumbai, Nagpur, Rajkot, Nashik and Surat.
Wockhardt hospitals have entered into stragetigic alliance with Partners Medical International, USA, whereby the group has access to Harvard’s expertise in clinical and surgical fields. Partners Medical International is a not for profit organization that brings together heathcare professionals from around the globe with a mission to improve healthcare delievery through education. Their vision is that every person should have access to quality healthcare in their own country.
Most of the Wockhardt group of hospitals are NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals & Healthcare) accredited, which is the highest accreditation in India. This ensures most stringent quality controls at each step of delievery.
Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai
Wockhardt Hospital, South Mumbai is one of the most famous and advanced facilty of Wockhardt group. Accredited by NABH, Wockradt hospital, South Mumbai is a tertiary care multi super-speciality hospital offering state of the art facilties and international standards of care.
The hospital was founded in the year 2014 and within a couple of years of its operation, has built a great reputation and achieved various milestones. It is situated in Mumbai Central, the heart of Mumbai's business district, and is quite accessible from airport and major railway stations in Mumbai.
The hospital is counted among the best hospitals in Mumbai, and is well known for Heart surgery, Bariatric surgery, Spine surgery, Joint replacement- knee and hip replacement among others. The hospital boasts of best doctors in India in the above medical specialties.
The hospital is housed in 21 storeyed building, has 350 patient beds and offers the expertise in the following areas:
Heart Care : Wockhardt offers comprehensive and specialised services in the field of adult and paediatric cardiology and cardiac surgery
Critical Care : Wockhardt is one of the most renowned institutions in the city and is known for its highly advanced facilities and services in ctitical care. Wockhardt is the first hospital to have GPS enabled ambulance service. This has revolutionized the way ctitical diseases are treated as stroke and myocardial infarctions, where immediate treatment can drastically change the outcome. The technology allows important patient statistics to be sent to the treating doctors at the hospital which allows them to take quick action as soon as the patient reaches the hospital. Besides, the hospital has dedicated ICUs with IntelliSpace Critical Care & Anaesthesia (ICCA) system. This helps the physicians and intensivists monitor healthcare informatics of the patient much better.
Stroke Care : Wockhardt offers the most advanced and comprehensive treatment for stroke under one roof. The technology at the hospital allows the quickest possible intervention for stroke patients resulting in much better outcomes. Besides, the hospital has created a stroke and paralysis group for people to know and understand about the disease from the people who have suffered and who have succesfully come out of it.
Specialities Available :
- Heart/ Cardiac Surgery
- Urology and Nephrology
- Brain and Nerve care
- Digestive Care
- Bariatric Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Critical Care
- Joint (Knee, Hip) replacement
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- NABH accreditation for the Hospital
- The hospital has a long term exclusive agreement with Partners Medical International, Boston, USA. This allows Wockhardt to have access to PMI's expertise in the field of setting up and developing hospitals of excellence anywhere in the world and providing excellent surgical and medical care to the patients.
Facilities / Technology Available :
The hospital offers the most advanced technology in few niche areas to give the best care to the patients. The following technology is the highlight of the hospital, which are few of the "Firsts" not only in India, but in Asia:
- The hospital is fully wireless- the first hospital in Asia to do so
- ECG managements is wireless- the first hospital in India to do so
- ICU is cmpletely paperless- the first in the city to do so
- The first Intelligent ICCA system enabling anytime-anywhere patient data retrieval system by doctors in Mumbai
- State of the art and biggest Accident and Emergency unit in South Mumbai
Milestones and Achievements :
Awards (Feb 2016)
AHPI Awards: 2016
- Innovation in Quality of Service delivery at the group level
- Best marketing campaign in Healthcare
- Best multispecialty hospital, Saurashtra & Kutch region
- Best dialysis service care provider
- "Best place to work"
- "Nursing Excellence" - CMO Asia Golden Globe Tigers award
CMO Asia Golden Globe Tigers awards : 2016
- Best Multispecialty hospital in the region
- Excellence In Healthcare
- Best Green Hospital
- Best HR Practice in Healthcare
- Best Dialysis Provider
- Best Multispecialty Hospital
- Healthcare & Social Care Support Award
Distance from the Airport :
The hospital is located around 21 km or around 12 miles from Mumbai International Airport. It takes about 45 min drive to reach the hospital in normal traffic conditions.
1877, Doctor Anandrao Nair Marg, Near Agripada Police Station, Mumbai Central East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400011
Pictures Of Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai :